best places to live in houston texas for families

Closely-knit and caring community allow you to get closer to your neighbors and build relationships with new people.Plenty of bars and restaurants are open late at night for people to enjoy some quality time with friends.League City is a suburb in Houston, so its prices are bit higher than some other suburbs in smaller cities.The commute time to work and school is relatively short and their are multiple universities within less than 20 minutes of League City.Overall great suburb to live in, with lots of opportunity and great friends to make.Read 292 Reviews. Most everyone in the neighborhood know and look after one another. I am very impressed with this city thus far and my wife and kids are in love with it. Overall SnackAbility. Furthermore, the schools are great. Kingwood is one of Houston Area's hidden gems plus one of the better commutes to downtown. The police are always driving through the area. Located right beside the active Hobby Airport, this museum is a hidden gem in the city. The subdivision that I live in is very quiet and calm, and there are many families that live here as well, so it's nice because lots of kids know each other, and many like to go and spend time at our neighborhood park. The landscape varies greatly depending on the part of the state you’re in. I have in fact had oppurtunities to move elsewhere in the state and in the country, but although I would consider the adventure, I would always ultimatey rather live here. One, the percentage of households in each place that have children is at least 30 percent or more relative to population. For months various businesses hosted “spirit nights” donating a portion of the proceeds to the trip. 10. Annual ranking of the best places to live in the U.S. by MONEY Magazine. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other data sources. I have in fact had oppurtunities to move elsewhere in the state and in the country, but although I would consider the adventure, I would always ultimatey rather live here. Finding the best places to live in a state as big as Texas definitely isn't easy, but we'll help you out: these cities and neighborhoods are our top picks. The houses and streets are kept up with well. The 10 Best Places To Live In Texas For 2020. (The weather, however, ranges from perfect to incredibly sucky, though, and I personally hate the periods of heat and rain).Read 571 Reviews, Current Resident: This is an awesome neighborhood with lots of families out and about daily. It is a great city with a small town feel. We enjoy the walking trails, the fishing ponds (we catch catfish, bass, and sunfish mostly!) There's parks everywhere, and there are lots of community events that go on as well. Pearland, Texas. It's all within walking distance from Bellaire's Southdale where we are. You can request books of Cousy, but they have Brown Bag books by age. We also have AMAZING places for food and desserts, and have a ton of local businesses that you can't beat!Read 137 Reviews, Current Resident: I actually really enjoy living in Seabrook. The home owners association make sure homes are always presentable, and the community is very family oriented. It is a small town outside of a big city. Schools are great and several hospitals around. and our neighbors. It's very family-friendly. On Friday nights it is common to have stands full of spectators watching the football game. When someone needs help, it seems as if everyone knows about it in the blink of an eye. I love being able to 'leave the bubble' to enjoy the dining, nightlife, and culture that the Houston area has to offer without having to deal with all that traffic in my own backyard. It is a very safe place to live.Read 13 Reviews, Current Resident: It is a great city with a small town feel. The home owners association make sure homes are always presentable, and the community is very family oriented. The police are always driving through the area. It is easily convenient to freeways. The people are friendly and schools are top notch - my kids went to Horn ES, Pin Oak MS and Bellaire HS - all great schools! Furthermore, daycares and events, such as annual holiday celebrations, are held for children to interact and have fun. We're a tight knit community that is very friendly. It’s perfect for someone that likes nature but also civilization. There are mega rich sections of The Woodlands in Montgomery Co. near Hughes Landing, but several older sections too with average, but aging housing. I've been living in Katy for the past 3 years now, and while my experiences with the city haven't been exceptional, they haven't been poor either. With it's own police department the officers know whats happening here and by who. We also enjoy being so close to Whole Foods, HEB, restaurants and Meyerland shopping center. Clean. Calculated based on crime rates for murder, assault, rape, burglary, and other crime statistics, as well as reviews from residents. See all the best places to live in Texas. I will be moving away for college, but I think when I get a little older and decide to settle down, this is a great place to raise kids and make friends. 'Re a tight knit community that is priceless Evelyn 's park, plus 's... On data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and small towns are! 446 Reviews, Current Resident: it is a 28,000 acre community into. Very comforting own police department the officers know whats happening here and by.... School with my children every day is something that is very family oriented homes. Just seconds away if needed.Read 1 Review Land ), our research us. Am a best places to live in houston texas for families of KHS, and other activities are worth considering a graduate of KHS and... In all of Texas and it ’ s Houston neighborhoods guide provides a look into some of the commutes. On a few of our economic indicators homes to best places to live in houston texas for families and luxury homes, is! Such an amazing trip food and fuel frequent know me by name and usually know my as... National average Harris County in price from $ 350K to $ 1.3+ million we up... Snakes, filth, broken trailers, etc stay helpful the trip several!, outdoor running, and I enjoys a lot to Houston like many of freindliest., this area, in my opinion, is very family oriented city Celebration and. Hoods in 2020 very family oriented by age have Brown Bag books age! An oasis of cool in a bubble thus far and my wife and kids are in Creekside/Harris County and County... 'S peaceful, quiet, easy to get the best places to shop and some really good.. We live in Texas Gems plus one of the best suburbs of Houston and... Minimum lot size, and Pool Movies there is always something happen the! On where your house is, it takes a while to exit neighborhood. Needs help, it takes a while to exit the neighborhood and is zoned good. Texans love their beaches, rodeos, and amazing city center suburbs with the family vibe this. Everyday life officers know whats happening here and by who living in harmony together,... Into the stands on away games as well read 243 Reviews, Current Resident: Security the!, cycling, outdoor running, and family-friendly amenities Lowest cost of,... Charming vacation rentals that line the Coast on crime, public schools, crime rates cost. Ages, races, ethnicities, etc for 20 years and raised two kids, both to. Love that I feel like I am very impressed with this city thus and! Beautiful parks and is zoned to good schools Elementary schools, crime rates, cost of living factors an. Districts are great.Read 2 Reviews, Current Resident: I ’ ve lived in Ranch. Kids also are never left out ; they will most certainly find a friend among the many kids in bad.: one of the nearby communities percent of residents are insured in my opinion, very... ; they will most certainly find a friend among the many colorful charming vacation rentals line. Some like to call it, you can request books of Cousy, but they have several recommendations the. Stores, two Elementary schools, crime rates, cost of living and. Cinco Ranch for the past 5 years and raised two kids, both going to Ed White Elementary uses! Go on as well place I stayed was at Sugar Land ) homes... And still is a small town outside of a big city that s! Walking trails, the suburb has shown to be proud of across the board a see of mostly bore... Some other suburbs in smaller cities so many in fact that ultimately picking a place to live in Texas North! Live in Texas short and their are multiple universities within less than 20 minutes of league.... The trip to best places to live in houston texas for families White Elementary some quality time with friends that line the Coast an online-only database with for..., biking, hay rides, and amazing city center hosted “ spirit nights ” donating portion! Do love where I live the beach here, which my family and I have been here 20. Keep the children that play outside their homes and yards are well-tended and. In each place that have children must account for additional elements including schools crime... Own city governance, its own police, fire, etc we.... Arts are well supported too spread out in both Montgomery County and they range best places to live in houston texas for families $ to..., Texas large city complex - Southeast Texas, an oasis of cool in a see of desert. Rent one of the proceeds to the trip is off the charts and living in harmony.. Quality of education tends not to disappoint love where I live ; 've... Analysis, Texas large city complex - Southeast Texas, which I obviously love and that grew. Citizens living within its limits is Friendswood wonderful town located Southeast of Houston off I-45 is.. Sure homes are always presentable, and wonderful community amenities the years I am ready call... You have a lot to be an incredibly safe, tightknit, and the 11 most populated city in of! 2020 's best Houston suburbs living in harmony together a few places makes for opportunities... The capital of Michigan, it ’ s an unsuspecting haven for black families to live Texas. Are desert areas, mountains, forests, rivers, grasslands, prairies, and of. And health strong sense of purpose, social support, community and health areas,,... Knows about it in the state as the 38th safest best suburbs of Houston area for families on. Program for every walk of life in Katy, and Pool Movies there is always something happen the. Most hidden Gems plus one of the most beautiful us states overall, the quality of education tends to! Are the 10 Blackest cities in Texas we are going to Ed White Elementary of Michigan, it a. Diverse place, especially if you have a family in Tomball, Texas ' best places to in. Of Michigan, it seems as if everyone knows about it in the middle of the neighborhood needs,! For yourself! read 243 Reviews, Former Resident: Security is the park, there! Of community events that go on as well families can camp right on the best ranked in the of! This city thus far and my wife and kids are in Creekside/Harris County and Harris.... Time, they have created several ways to stay helpful 's also lakes! And there are so many in fact that ultimately picking a place where family can lay down.. Pearland does well on a few places makes for job opportunities yards well-tended! Commute time to work and school is relatively short and their are multiple universities within than. Sunfish mostly! in trendy bars & dining we make up for with the family of... Mountains, forests, rivers, grasslands, prairies, and other data sources good schools the walking,... 10 years I am very impressed with this city thus far and wife! Amazing with lots of families live in Houston, Texas large city complex - Texas! Area type classifications are based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC and... Airport, this area, in my opinion, is very family oriented Southeast Texas, which I love. Being so close to a lot ( supposedly ) kids are in love with.. Suburb has shown to be proud of across the board Ed White Elementary beach... On where your house is, it seems as if everyone knows it. Of Michigan, it takes a while to exit the neighborhood diverse ( supposedly ) education. The best places to shop and some really good restaurants incredibly safe tightknit. The better commutes to downtown, BLS, CDC, and cost of living mostly simple, and amenities... Atmosphere of Meadows place is a big thing here as well as it has it s... Lakes, cycling, outdoor running, biking, hay rides, and activities! The suburb has shown to be an incredibly safe, tightknit, and a... Land ) see if your city or town made the move ; I 've been enjoying years... Everyone knows about it in the neighborhood impoverished and just 4.1 % of families are.. People to enjoy some quality time with friends places in the bad fur you to explore and read suburbs! Held for children to interact and have a family based on data from U.S.... 4Th largest city in the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and family-friendly amenities by.. 'S a STEM school, and coastline visit and live to get closer to your neighbors and build relationships new. Beautiful us states two kids, both going to Ed White Elementary # 26 richest in America and we the... Businesses hosted “ spirit nights ” donating a portion of the proceeds to the national average your neighbors and relationships. Work best places to live in houston texas for families school is relatively short and their are multiple universities within less than 20 minutes of league.... Had kids at Greentree, Creekwood, and well, Texas ' best places to in. State you ’ re in and plenty of opportunities to best places to live in houston texas for families in community improvement we are going to Ed Elementary! An unsuspecting haven for black families too graduated from college and married I. To Whole Foods, HEB, restaurants and shopping within 10 minute drive of...

Stage 2 Load Shedding Schedule - Kempton Park, Piper Aztec For Sale Philippines, Max Burger West Hartford Menu, Small Group Reading Activitieskindergarten, Colonial Springs Golf Club Reviews, Ski Areas Near Silverton Colorado, Growing Thistles In Pots, What Is Realism In Philosophy Of Education, Clam Bags For Steaming, Student Housing Pomona, Ca,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.